blob: 7315449c22ba72c0fe1eaed61a35697125f98521 (plain
# Release notes for Gluster 3.10.8
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for [3.10.0](3.10.0.md) ,
[3.10.1](3.10.1.md), [3.10.2](3.10.2.md), [3.10.3](3.10.3.md), [3.10.4](3.10.4.md), [3.10.5](3.10.5.md), [3.10.6](3.10.6.md) and [3.10.7](3.10.7.md)
contain a listing of all the new features that were added and
bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
## Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
**No Major changes**
## Major issues
1. Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are
expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance)
there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption [#1498081](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1498081)
is still pending, and not yet a part of this release.
2. Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a
few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
## Bugs addressed
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.7 are listed below.
- [#1507749](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1507749): clean up port map on brick disconnect
- [#1507752](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1507752): Brick port mismatch
- [#1507880](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1507880): reset-brick commit force failed with glusterd_volume_brickinfo_get Returning -1
- [#1508036](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1508036): Address lstat usage in glusterd-snapshot.c code
- [#1514388](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1514388): default timeout of 5min not honored for analyzing split-brain files post setfattr replica.split-brain-heal-finalize
- [#1514424](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1514424): gluster volume splitbrain info needs to display output of each brick in a stream fashion instead of buffering and dumping at the end
- [#1517682](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1517682): Memory leak in locks xlator