|author||Amar Tumballi <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2020-10-07 12:50:16 +0530|
|committer||Amar Tumballi <email@example.com>||2020-10-07 13:01:21 +0530|
Currently only maintainers listed in github group can trigger the regression runs, it may change in future! Updates: #1000 Change-Id: I3b5f1cace8a433886d725539198998875dcdce36 Signed-off-by: Amar Tumballi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 files changed, 4 insertions, 3 deletions
diff --git a/CONTRIBUTING.md b/CONTRIBUTING.md
index 4798f38ce6c..65fc3497104 100644
@@ -36,11 +36,11 @@ About two tasks are one time for the life time. You can continue to use the same
2. Keep up-to-date
- GlusterFS is a large project with many developers, so there would be one or the other patch everyday.
- - It is critical for developer to be up-to-date with master repo to be Conflict-Free when PR is opened.
+ - It is critical for developer to be up-to-date with `devel` repo to be Conflict-Free when PR is opened.
- Git provides many options to keep up-to-date, below is one of them
git fetch upstream
- git rebase upstream/master
+ git rebase upstream/devel
- It is recommended you keep pushing to your repo every day, so you don't loose any work.
- It can be done by `./rfc.sh` (or `git push origin HEAD:issueNNN`)
@@ -59,7 +59,8 @@ About two tasks are one time for the life time. You can continue to use the same
- All the required smoke tests would be auto-triggered.
- Developers get a chance to retrigger the smoke tests using **"/recheck smoke"** as comment.
- - The "regression" tests would be triggered by a comment **"/run regression"** from anyone in the [@gluster-all](https://github.com/orgs/gluster/teams/gluster-all) group.
+ - The "regression" tests would be triggered by a comment **"/run regression"** from developers in the [@gluster-maintainers](https://github.com/orgs/gluster/teams/gluster-maintainers) group.
+ - Ask for help as comment in PR if you have any questions about the process!
4. Review Process:
- `+2` : is equivalent to "Approve" from the people in the maintainer's group.