|author||Harshavardhana <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2013-08-21 00:50:41 -0700|
|committer||Anand Avati <email@example.com>||2013-09-19 09:28:44 -0700|
tests: Create a regression-tests package for distribution
As of today regression tests are an in-house breed, by making it a new package and distributing it ensures larger set of people use it and contribute to it. This can also be used by any consumer/user to build their own environment for glusterfs regression testing which is today limited only to 'upstream' 'glusterfs' releases and build.gluster.org Change-Id: I4f7e9fd1c49982dcf0d788ef6a83ffe895a956ac BUG: 764966 Signed-off-by: Harshavardhana <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed-on: http://review.gluster.org/5674 Reviewed-by: Niels de Vos <email@example.com> Tested-by: Gluster Build System <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'tests/README')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 26 deletions
diff --git a/tests/README b/tests/README
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,26 +0,0 @@
-How to use test script framework.
-- Build and install the version of glusterfs with your changes. Make
- sure the installed version is accessible from $PATH.
-- To mount glusterfs, NEVER use 'mount -t glusterfs', instead use
- 'glusterfs -s ' method. This is because with the patch build setup
- doesnot install the /sbin/mount.glusterfs necessary, where as the
- glusterfs binary will be accessible with $PATH, and will pick the
- right version.
-- (optional) Set environment variables to specify location of
- export directories and mount points. Unless you have special
- requirements, the defaults should just work. The variables
- themselves can be found at the top of tests/include.rc. All
- of them can be overriden with environment variables.
-- Execute run-tests.sh in the top level directory as root.
-- If some test cases fail, you can execute the failed test case script
- directly bypassing run-tests.sh. At this time it might be
- useful to set the envrionment variable DEBUG=1 before running
- the individual test script directly by hand.
-- BE WARNED THAT THE TEST CASES DELETE /var/lib/glusterd/* !!!