Diffstat (limited to 'tests/functional/bvt/README')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 45 deletions
diff --git a/tests/functional/bvt/README b/tests/functional/bvt/README
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,45 +0,0 @@
-What is Build Verification or Build Validation Test?
- In software testing, a Build Verification Test (BVT), also known as
- Build Acceptance Test, is a set of tests run on each new build of a product
- to verify that the build is testable before the build is released into the
- hands of the test team.
-Scope of Testing:
- The build acceptance test is generally a short set of tests,
- which exercises the mainstream functionality of the application software.
- Any build that fails the build verification test is rejected,
- and testing continues on the previous build (provided there has been at
- least one build that has passed the acceptance test)
-Source of definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Build_verification_test
-Gluster BVT: BVT is divided in 2 set of tests.
- - BVT-Basic :
- BVT-Basic is the first set of tests to qualify the build.
- Tests include validating services (glusterd, smb etc),
- validating volume operations (create, start, stop , status)
- - BVT-VVT ( VVT: Volume verification test)
- BVT-VVT is the second set of tests to qualify whether the build is good to
- be consumed for further testing once BVT-Basic passes.
- BVT-VVT covers the following gluster specific test on all combinations
- of volume and mount types supported by gluster.
- Test Case Summary:
- 1) Creates a volume
- 2) Mounts the volume
- 3) Run IO from the mount.
- 4) teardown the mount
- 5) teardown the volume
- Volume types:
- - Distribute
- - Replicate
- - Distribute-Replicate
- - Disperse
- - Distribute-Disperse
- Mount types:
- - Glusterfs
- - Nfs
- - CIFS