blob: 725b94023c861ed1d0c5211a413ac34626e5fd92 (plain
1. The idea of this test tool is to check the sanity of the LD_PRELOAD
mechanism in libc for the system on which booster needs to run.
2. Basically, this test tool calls various system calls for which there is
support in the booster library. Combined with the logging output from this
tool and the preload-test-lib, one can determine whether the
pre-loading mechanism is working working in order for booster to initialize.
3. This tool does not test GlusterFS functionality running under booster
although the path specified to the tool can be a GlusterFS mountpoint but
that is not very useful.
4. This tool is incomplete without the preload-test-lib and the
accompanyung shell script that needs to be run for running the test.
A very simple library that intercepts booster supported system calls
and prints a log message to stdout.
Combined with the ld-preload-test, we cam determine whether all system calls
are getting redirected into this library when LD_PRELOAD'ed. This helps us
conduct a basic test to ensure that the required syscalls actually will
be intercepted by the booster library.
1. Build the binaries.
(We've tested the tool on Debian and CentOS. If there are build errors or
warnings, please do report them to email@example.com.)
2. Run the test.
$ ./test-preload.sh > preload.log
3. Mail the log to firstname.lastname@example.org.