blob: 193bd45bde7424e2f6a73944bf81f76b0baa5cc9 (plain
# Release notes for GlusterFS-3.7.17
GlusterFS-3.7.17 is a normal minor release for GlusterFS-3.7.
The 3.7.17 release does not have a new operating-version. The operating-version remains 30712.
Installing this update could break the vfs_glusterfs module for Samba users. It is recommended that Samba users install this update if they have the following patch in their Samba packages:
## Bug Fixed
The following bugs have been fixed in this release
- [#1222917](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1222917): usage text is wrong for use-readdirp mount default
- [#1336369](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336369): Sequential volume start&stop is failing with SSL enabled setup.
- [#1369363](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1369363): gluster snap status xml output shows incorrect details when the snapshots are in deactivated state
- [#1374641](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1374641): glusterfs: create a directory with 0464 mode return EIO error
- [#1377291](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1377291): The GlusterFS Callback RPC-calls always use RPC/XID 42
- [#1379710](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1379710): gfapi: Fix fd ref leaks
- [#1383593](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1383593): glfs_realpath() should not return malloc()'d allocated memory
- [#1385226](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1385226): arbiter volume write performance is bad with sharding
- [#1385622](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1385622): Recording (ffmpeg) processes on FUSE get hung
- [#1388949](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1388949): glusterfs can't self heal character dev file for invalid dev_t parameters
- [#1390840](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1369363): write-behind: flush stuck by former failed write
## Known Issues
- Commit b33f3c9, which introduces changes to improve IPv6 support in GlusterFS has been reverted as it exposed problems in network encryption, which could cause a GlusterFS cluster to fail operating correctly when management network encryption is used.
- Network encryption has an issue which could sometimes prevent reconnections from correctly happening.
- [#1353856](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1353856): Inode leak in fuse
- [#1379838](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1379838): gluster missing gfid attribute, healing doesn't work
- [#1379178](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1379178): split brain on file recreate during downed brick.
- [#1373618](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1373618): remove-brick status shows 0 rebalanced files
- [#1373396](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1373396): Misleading error messages on brick logs while creating directory (mkdir) on fuse mount
- [#1372729](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1372729): Possible VSZ leak in glusterfsd brick process