blob: a3932b7e5e3c9bf6cac5e265880ecd85be736d58 (plain
# Release notes for Gluster 3.10.7
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for [3.10.0](3.10.0.md) ,
[3.10.1](3.10.1.md), [3.10.2](3.10.2.md), [3.10.3](3.10.3.md), [3.10.4](3.10.4.md), [3.10.5](3.10.5.md) and [3.10.6](3.10.6.md)
contain a listing of all the new features that were added and
bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
## Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
**No Major changes**
## Major issues
1. Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are
expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance)
there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption [#1498081](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1498081)
is still pending, and not yet a part of this release.
2. Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a
few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
## Bugs addressed
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.6 are listed below.
- [#1480788](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1480788): File-level WORM allows mv over read-only files
- [#1491059](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1491059): PID File handling: brick pid file leaves stale pid and brick fails to start when glusterd is started
- [#1496321](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1496321): [afr] split-brain observed on T files post hardlink and rename in x3 volume
- [#1497990](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1497990): Gluster 3.10.x Packages require manual systemctl daemon reload after install
- [#1499890](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1499890): md-cache uses incorrect xattr keynames for GF_POSIX_ACL keys
- [#1499893](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1499893): md-cache: xattr values should not be checked with string functions
- [#1501955](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1501955): gfapi: API needed to set lk_owner
- [#1502928](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1502928): Mishandling null check at send_brick_req of glusterfsd/src/gf_attach.c
- [#1503405](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1503405): Potential use of NULL `this` variable before it gets initialized