Diffstat (limited to 'doc/release-notes')
1 files changed, 62 insertions, 4 deletions
diff --git a/doc/release-notes/3.8.0.md b/doc/release-notes/3.8.0.md
index e6a38f94546..555bc5109c2 100644
@@ -1,13 +1,35 @@
-# Work in progress release notes for Gluster 3.8.0 (RC1)
+# Work in progress release notes for Gluster 3.8.0 (RC2)
-These are the current release notes for Release Candidate 1. Follow up changes
+These are the current release notes for Release Candidate 2. Follow up changes
will add more user friendly notes and instructions.
The release-notes are being worked on by maintainers and the developers of the
different features. Assistance of others is welcome! Contributions can be done
in [this etherpad](https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/glusterfs-3.8-release-notes).
-(FIXME: insert useful release notes here)
+### Changes to building from the release tarball
+By default the release tarballs contain some of the scripts from the GNU
+autotools projects. These scripts are used for detecting the environment where
+the software is built. This includes operating system, architecture and more.
+Bundling these scripts in the tarball makes it mandatory for some distributions
+to replace them with more updated versions. The scripts are included from the
+host operating system where the tarball is generated. If this is an older
+operating system (like RHEL/CentOS-6), the scripts are not current enough for
+some build targets.
+Many distributions have the habit to replace the included `config.guess` and
+`config.sub` scripts. The intention of our release tarball is to not include
+the script at all, however that breaks some builds. We have now replaced these
+scripts with dummy ones, and expect the build environment to replace the
+scripts, or run `./configure` with the appropriate `--host=..` and `--build=..`
+Building directly from the git repository has not changed.
+### FIXME: insert more useful release notes here
## Bugs addressed
@@ -1052,6 +1074,7 @@ A total of 1685 (FIXME) patches has been sent, addressing 1154 (FIXME) bugs:
- [#1316499](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1316499): volume set on user.* domain trims all white spaces in the value
- [#1316819](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1316819): Errors seen in cli.log, while executing the command 'gluster snapshot info --xml'
- [#1316848](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1316848): Peers goes to rejected state after reboot of one node when quota is enabled on cloned volume.
+- [#1317278](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1317278): GlusterFS 3.8.0 tracker
- [#1317361](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1317361): Do not succeed mkdir without gfid-req
- [#1317424](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1317424): nfs-ganesha server do not enter grace period during failover/failback
- [#1317785](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1317785): Cache swift xattrs
@@ -1127,7 +1150,7 @@ A total of 1685 (FIXME) patches has been sent, addressing 1154 (FIXME) bugs:
- [#1330476](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1330476): libgfapi:Setting need_lookup on wrong list
- [#1330481](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1330481): glusterd restart is failing if volume brick is down due to underlying FS crash.
- [#1330567](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1330567): SAMBA+TIER : File size is not getting updated when created on windows samba share mount
-- [#1330583](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1330583): glusterfs-libs postun ldconfig: relative path `1' used to build cache
+- [#1330583](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1330583): glusterfs-libs postun ldconfig: relative path '1' used to build cache
- [#1330616](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1330616): Minor improvements and code cleanup for libglusterfs
- [#1330974](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1330974): Swap order of GF_EVENT_SOME_CHILD_DOWN enum to match the release3.-7 branch
- [#1331042](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1331042): glusterfsd: return actual exit status on mount process
@@ -1144,6 +1167,7 @@ A total of 1685 (FIXME) patches has been sent, addressing 1154 (FIXME) bugs:
- [#1332414](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1332414): protocol/server: address double free's
- [#1332788](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1332788): Wrong op-version for mandatory-locks volume set option
- [#1332789](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1332789): quota: client gets IO error instead of disk quota exceed when the limit is exceeded
+- [#1332839](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1332839): values for Number of Scrubbed files, Number of Unsigned files, Last completed scrub time and Duration of last scrub are shown as zeros in bit rot scrub status
- [#1332845](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1332845): Disperse volume fails on high load and logs show some assertion failures
- [#1332864](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1332864): glusterd + bitrot : Creating clone of snapshot. error "xlator.c:148:xlator_volopt_dynload] 0-xlator: /usr/lib64/glusterfs/3.7.9/xlator/features/bitrot.so: cannot open shared object file:
- [#1333243](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1333243): [AFR]: "volume heal info" command is failing during in-service upgrade to latest.
@@ -1157,12 +1181,46 @@ A total of 1685 (FIXME) patches has been sent, addressing 1154 (FIXME) bugs:
- [#1334287](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1334287): Under high read load, sometimes the message "XDR decoding failed" appears in the logs and read fails
- [#1334443](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1334443): SAMBA-VSS : Permission denied issue while restoring the directory from windows client 1 when files are deleted from windows client 2
- [#1334699](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1334699): readdir-ahead does not fetch xattrs that md-cache needs in it's internal calls
+- [#1334836](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1334836): [features/worm] - when disabled, worm xl should simply pass requested fops to its child xl
- [#1334994](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1334994): Fix the message ids in Client
- [#1335017](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1335017): set errno in case of inode_link failures
- [#1335282](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1335282): Wrong constant used in length based comparison for XATTR_SECURITY_PREFIX
- [#1335283](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1335283): Self Heal fails on a replica3 volume with 'disk quota exceeded'
+- [#1335284](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1335284): [HC] Add disk in a Hyper-converged environment fails when glusterfs is running in directIO mode
- [#1335285](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1335285): tar complains: <fileName>: file changed as we read it
- [#1335433](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1335433): Self heal shows different information for the same volume from each node
- [#1335726](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1335726): stop all gluster processes should also also include glusterfs mount process
- [#1335730](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1335730): mount/fuse: Logging improvements
- [#1335822](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1335822): Revert "features/shard: Make o-direct writes work with sharding: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13846/"
+- [#1335829](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1335829): Heal info shows split-brain for .shard directory though only one brick was down
+- [#1336136](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336136): PREFIX is not honoured during build and install
+- [#1336152](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336152): [Tiering]: Files remain in hot tier even after detach tier completes
+- [#1336198](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336198): failover is not working with latest builds.
+- [#1336268](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336268): features/index: clang compile warnings in index.c
+- [#1336472](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336472): [Tiering]: The message 'Max cycle time reached..exiting migration' incorrectly displayed as an 'error' in the logs
+- [#1336704](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336704): [geo-rep]: Multiple geo-rep session to the same slave is allowed for different users
+- [#1336794](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336794): assorted typos and spelling mistakes from Debian lintian
+- [#1336798](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336798): Unexporting a volume sometimes fails with "Dynamic export addition/deletion failed".
+- [#1336801](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336801): ganesha exported volumes doesn't get synced up on shutdown node when it comes up.
+- [#1336854](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336854): scripts: bash-isms in scripts
+- [#1336947](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1336947): [NFS-Ganesha] : stonith-enabled option not set with new versions of cman,pacemaker,corosync and pcs
+- [#1337114](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337114): Modified volume options are not syncing once glusterd comes up.
+- [#1337127](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337127): rpc: change client insecure port ceiling from 65535 to 49151
+- [#1337130](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337130): Revert "glusterd/afr: store afr pending xattrs as a volume option" patch on 3.8 branch
+- [#1337387](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337387): Add arbiter brick hotplug
+- [#1337394](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337394): DHT : few Files are not accessible and not listed on mount + more than one Directory have same gfid + (sometimes) attributes has ?? in ls output after renaming Directories from multiple client at same time
+- [#1337596](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337596): Mounting a volume over NFS with a subdir followed by a / returns "Invalid argument"
+- [#1337638](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337638): Leases: Fix lease failures in certain scenarios
+- [#1337652](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337652): log flooded with Could not map name=xxxx to a UUID when config'd with long hostnames
+- [#1337780](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337780): tests/bugs/write-behind/1279730.t fails spuriously
+- [#1337795](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337795): tests/basic/afr/tarissue.t fails regression
+- [#1337822](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337822): one of vm goes to paused state when network goes down and comes up back
+- [#1337839](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337839): Files present in the .shard folder even after deleting all the vms from the UI
+- [#1337870](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337870): Some of VMs go to paused state when there is concurrent I/O on vms
+- [#1337908](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1337908): SAMBA+TIER : Wrong message display.On detach tier success the message reflects Tier command failed.
+- [#1338051](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1338051): ENOTCONN error during parallel rmdir
+- [#1338968](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1338968): common-ha: ganesha.nfsd not put into NFS-GRACE after fail-back
+- [#1339137](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1339137): fuse: In fuse_first_lookup(), dict is not un-referenced in case create_frame returns an empty pointer.
+- [#1339192](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1339192): Missing autotools helper config.* files
+- [#1339228](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1339228): gfapi: set mem_acct for the variables created for upcall