Since http://review.gluster.org/4556 glusterd is capable of running
many instances of itself on a single system. This patch exploits
that feature and enhances the regression test framework to expose
handy primitives so that test cases may be written to test glusterd
in a cluster.
1. Include "$(dirname)/../cluster.rc" to get access to the extensions
2. Call launch_cluster $N where $N is the count of virtual servers
Calling launch_cluster, starts $N glusterds which bind to $N different
IPs and dynamically defines these primitives:
- Variables $H1 .. $Hn assigned to hostnames of each "server".
- Variables $CLI_1 .. $CLI_n assigned as commands to run CLI commands
on the corresponding N'th server.
- Variables $B1 .. $Bn assigned to the backend directories on each
- Function kill_glusterd, which accepts a parameter - index number of
glusterd to be killed.
- Variables $glusterd_1 .. $glusterd_n assigned to the command lines
to restart the corresponding glusterd, if it was previously killed.
The current set of primitives and functions were implemented with the goal
of satisfying ./tests/bugs/bug-913555.t. The API will be made richer as
we add more cluster test cases
Signed-off-by: Anand Avati <email@example.com>
Tested-by: Gluster Build System <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Krishnan Parthasarathi <email@example.com>
Reviewed-by: Jeff Darcy <firstname.lastname@example.org>